AHA’s success depends on our people and how we foster their skills and abilities and apply these to developing, implementing and managing the achievement of the agreed outcomes.
AHA’s employees combine skills and expertise from a wide range of areas including business, financial and program management, policy development, strategic planning, research and development, negotiation and conflict resolution, stakeholder engagement, communications, information technology, veterinary and technical expertise, facilitation and training, accounting, contract management and administration.
AHA’s Board of Directors is independently selected to provide a suitable mix of professional experience and expertise to govern all aspect of the company. AHA’s Board comprises seven non-executive, part-time directors, independently selected by a selection committee on the basis of complementary skill sets and appointed by AHA’s members for a four-year term at our Annual General Meeting.
Our Board’s combined expertise and experience includes:
- major export markets for livestock and livestock products
- industry processing and marketing
- extensive and intensive livestock production
- industry organisational arrangements
- government networks, legislation and policy development processes
- animal health services and their delivery
- agricultural and medical biotechnology
- quality systems in animal health
- strategic, economic and financial management skills.